A few years back I did my first Day Zero Project, and while I only hit 70%? I thought it was a ton of fun and an easy way to keep track of some of the big ticket items I wanted to accomplish. I’m a list person, so a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days? PERFECT!
I decided this go-round? It would be fun to keep track here at Bring a Pen! I will be updating this specific post as I go, so get used to seeing this one! I’ll link back often.
Why Wait? Here’s my Day Zero Project List!
August 06, 2019 to May 02, 2022
- Create a Family Recipe Book
- Try 6 Recipes from places of origin (Genealogy!)
- Visit 5 ethnic restaurants (Mexican and Chinese do NOT count!)
- Create a list of Staple Recipes with at least 15 recipes (making meal planning easier!)
- Have Skyler create her own Cookbook.
- Cook every recipe in a cookbook
- Have 3 “Kitchen Inventory Only” week of meal plans (1x per year)
- Make a Funnel Cake
- Spend 1 week using the grill for every meal
- Bake 3 Birthday Cakes for Sky (1 per year)
- Bake bread 1x per week for 3 months.
FAMILY & FRIENDS
- Take 1 Vacation (planned and paid for by ME, NOT visiting family.)
- Create a “Family Tree” decoration for my living space.
- Create a decorative “Birthday/Anniversary List” for the house – so I don’t forget any!!
- Send 52 cards/notes
- Host a Dinner Party and invite at least 3 friends/families
- Get professional Family Photos done
- Take a girls Trip (even just a spa, simple camping trip, ANYTHING!)
- Establish a new Family Tradition
- Send 3 Care packages (random acts of kindness)
- Take a “Sister Trip”
- Host a “Favorite Things” party
- Get Skyler a “Big Girl” room
- Carve out a “Craft Corner” for all my crafts/workspace
- Get a set of outdoor furniture.
- ACute “No Solicitors” sign
- Get a headboard/Grown Up Bed
- Replace all Bathroom Towels
- Replace all Kitchen Towels
- Get my car detailed 6 times (2x/year)
- Make and use 2 Raised Garden Beds
- Find or create a functional “Mail System” for my little family.
- Paint Living Room
- Clean out Closets (Hallway)
- Schedule an eye appointment (I’m really REALLY bad at this!)
- Lose 25 lbs
- Lose 25 more lbs
- Cultivate a fitness habit and keep it up for at least 3 months.
- Find 6 healthy meal staples I truly enjoy.
- Take a fitness class
- Go Kayaking
- Purchase a Bike
- Drink 1 Gallon of Water per day for 1 month
- Manitou Incline
- Make $5,000 from a side hustle
- Pay of Student Loans ($4,000 to go)
- Pay off my car
- Have a “No Spend” month.
- Set and stick to a budget for 6 months.
- Create a 3-month emergency fund.
- Create a 6 month “Side Hustle” goal plan
- Complete FPU
- Make 5 extra Mortgage Payments
- Start a “Car Savings” For Skyler
- Complete 5 Skillshare Courses
- Take 1 class (open-ended)
- Read 100 books
- Attend a Conference
- Speak on a Panel
- Create a Genealogy Notebook (Printables)
- Organize all of my genealogy stuff into an archive
- Learn InDesign, utilize it for a project of some sort
- Create an online course (for my blog)
- Make a T-Shirt Quilt (FINALLY!)
- Have a “Handmade Christmas”
- Make an epoxy Coffee Mug
- Attempt Pottery on a wheel
- Visit 3 Art Galleries
- Month of Black and White Portraits
- Complete another 365 (Self Portraits again!)
- Do a Canvas Painting Class
- Complete Tokyo Olympic Project (July/Aug 2020)
- Complete Beijing Olympic Project (Feb 2022)
- Learn to use my sewing Machine
- Complete 1 sewing project
- Arm-Knit a blanket
- Host Friendsgiving
- Celebrate a Holiday we don’t normally (Cinco De Mayo, etc)
- Celebrate Dia De Los Muertos
- Send out a Christmas Card (By December 5!)
- Finish Christmas Shopping in November
- Replace ALL of my underthings
- Cull down my wardrobe to only items I actually wear.
- Prayer/Gratitude Journal for 1 month
- Watch 1 Ted Talk per month (28)
- Go to the Drive In (stay for the second movie!)
- Summit a 14er
- Social Media Break for 30 days (3 x’s)
- Meditated 10x/month for 3 months.
- Get good hiking boots.
- Learn how to do “Every-Day” makeup
- Purchase “every-day” makeup
- Add one new thing to list in January 2020.
- Add one new thing to list in January 2021.
- Add one new thing to list in January 2022.
- Recognize priorities change. Change up to 5 items on this list between 500 and 750 days (Dec 15, 2020 and August 22, 2021).
- keep a list of idea for my next 101 in 1001.
- Send someone flowers – just because.
- (update me later!)
- (update me later!)
- (update me later!)